Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Encinitas Half marathon

Two weeks ago I ran the Encinitas Half marathon. I put in a-lot of miles the week before and I was not planning on running but last minute I joined. I went into it as I do most of my races. I wanted to enjoy I and not push because my head told me I should be tired from the 60 something miles I put in that week. It was a very well executed race. The fast people first and then the rest of us. I felt sore at first but my mile 3 I was feeling really good. If you don't know Encinitas the race was pretty much flat and it's a beach town. The people are awesome and the town has that old fashion beach feeling.
So I am running and here is my thing I know I am not a fast runner at least that's what I think but as I was running I said to myself G lets see if you can run at an 8:40 pace so I did and I felt fine. I just kept that pace up and then I did the whole How do I feel thing ? I do this this thing and I am sure a bunch of us do. The body scan, My feet don't hurt and my legs are fine and I am breathing really well so all is good. Then I thought lets see if I can go faster and you know when you have been running 12 ,13 minutes miles forever 8 feels fast. Then I got down to 8:30 and just stayed there and felt fine. I had one mile to go and I looked at my watch and saw that if I could run a 7 minute mile I could run a 1:50 and that would be my fastest half marathon ever. I was not going for a PR but it was so exciting to see what my body could do when my mind let it. Its fascinating where this journey of running has taken me. I have grown so much as a person because of it. I am thinking maybe next time I run a half I will just start fast and see what happens !!! 

I was so happy and it was a great day !! Oh and the medal.
the craziest things happen when you don't expect it !

No comments: