Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Lake Hodges 50 here I come

This is Lake Hodges  we run here  a-lot. There are lots of trails and its close to everyone. Maybe not close but about an hour drive and that's close. It is really pretty and you can get a ton of miles out here. The San Diego 50 miler is this weekend and I decided last minute I wanted to run it. I love The Ultra running community in San Diego. I always feel like it is such a treat to be part of racing or volunteering at any Ultra here.
I haven't trained for the 50 miler but I think I will be okay because I have kept up my training and I feel excited.The last time I ran this race in 2014 It took me 9:55 minutes so I would like to do better than that.
I am going to use take it easy and see if I can just keep a steady pace the entire time. The Trail Crashers are going to have an aid station at mile 15 and 35 so I get to see my friends twice.
The world outside seems like such a mess right now that getting a good long beautiful run will be awesome medicine for my soul. I look forward to telling you all about the race . It this Saturday at 6:30 am so please send me good running thoughts. Have an awesome day !

No comments: