Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

So many miles so little time

It is no secret that saturdays are my favorite day of the week. I have hours of running to look forward too. This saturday was no exception. We all met up at Penny Pines at 7am. This means that I need to be in the car by 5 am. I wake up at 4 am so I can be in the car by 5am. I don't really mind it and that tells me I must really love this sport. I arrived on time and lucky for me so did everyone else. So off we went I think there was 11 people. I started near the back and the one thing I remember really well was how freaking cold it was. 

It was so cold that even with gloves and a hat I just ran as fast as I could so I would warm up fast. This is my friend Nartaya she started her training this weekend for the PCT50. 

So its one big happy group running along the PCT. There was so much snow on the ground . This is the most snow I have ever seen on the PCT. It was awesome. I felt like I was playing tag. Except no was ever chasing me I did the chasing :) becuase I was it. 

I got a new pack. ( Valentines Day Gift ) I had so much fun you guys. Every time I show up to run on saturday I am left with the feeling of I belong in the mountains. Its like eating your favorite vegetable and knowing its so good for you and it's supposed to be in your mouth sort of thing. Did that make sense ? I am not sure but I just love how free it feels to just go. We ran for 18 miles and it took us a couple hours . Yes, it was hard it is always hard but it still somehow manages to get easier. I would not trade my the training part of my journey for anything. 

This past Monday we ran in Fall brook. This is a really hard, kick your ass into high gear and get ready to sweat your butt of run. Needless to say I would be lying if I did not wake up Monday morning trying to talk myself out of showing up.My brain ( Gloria you ran 28 miles this past weekend its ok not to go)  I finally just got in the car and went even though all me wanted me to stay home. Not because I was tired just because I knew I was going to get my ass kicked. I know I can do it but OH MAMA !!!! its so hard. Not wanting to show up is the lamest reason not to show up. The only reason for me not show up is if I am exhausted or injured. I was neither.
                                                     See the perfect mountain climbing  training up and down.
THis run is either up like this..

or down !!! I am owe so much to my friends who also show up and train there butt off. So I feel like my training for Western States is off to a great start. Showing up is half the battle the other half is putting one foot in front of the other and not stopping. 

I love these people. I am learning so much from them . In the last 7 days I ran on the PCT in 30 degree weather with snow every where to 80 degree in San Marcos to 90 degree in the hot sun going up steep mountains in Fallbrook. Getting outside always makes me happy…Hope you are having a great week too.

No comments: