Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pacific Crest Trail

This morning I woke up at 4am and slowly got up. I was dreaming that I was coking a really good dinner. It was a dream because lately my dinners have not tasted so good. I finally made it down stairs and started filling up my water bottle when I accidentally let it go and there it was water all over the kitchen floor. I was so tired. I finally got all my stuff and got out of my house. I needed to be on the road by 5am. As I was driving to Penny Pine watching the sun rise over mountains an 80s song came on and there I was overcome with emotion and crying. Happy tears 
Life is so funny when you least expect it you get a huge real dose of emotions just thrown on you. I just cried for as long as I needed too. 
I arrived at 6:50 and run time was at 7am. I was cold but so happy to see my friends . I jumped out of the car and a couple minutes later we started running. My left calf was so tight I did everything I could not to cry. I just ran slowly and just tried to keep up with my friends. I have noticed that after an hour my legs seem to walk up and I feel way better. Today it took 2 hours and after that my legs felt way better and I was able to run with out pain. It also got warm quickly and I struggled but I got it done.  This shit is hard and I hope it gets easier or I get stronger. One thing is for sure no matter how hard the run is I have to try.and give it my all. Some weeks I suck and other weeks I am ok. When I am ok I am just super grateful I finished. Today we ran 20 miles and I am just happy I was able to finish with a smile on my face. I hope you have a chance to get outside this weekend and thank you fro reading my bog. I like sharing my journey. 

No comments: