Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Its the end of the year

The end of the year is here..  and man I have a had a wonderful year. I never thought I would be in this  great place. Things are good. The number  #1 thing I have learned is that if you find something you LOVE something that fills your heart and soul. Something you do not get tired of doing. DO IT

You do not have to be good at it when you start . You do have to practice practice and show up. 

I have hobbies that I just love. I found running and 14 years later I still love it. I think its the longest relationship I have ever had. This activity has taught me so much about myself and had humbled me at the same time. The biggest thing that it is OK for a me a mother of 4 to take time for myself. That guilt you carry as a mom when you leave for weekend or a couple hours  is real but I have learned that I deserve time for me. I feel like running makes me feel excited and that flows into my life as a mother.
 I had a really exciting time running this year. Distances I dreamt of running but never thought I would be able to.
Finishing the San Diego Grand Slam is by far my biggest running accomplishment for 2015 with that came running my first and what I thought might be my only 100 miler. My first 100k that was the hardest on my body but I got through it. Then I found out I somehow by the grace of God got into Western States 2016.(WTF) I am so excited and I feel so lucky to have such a great opportunity. I have been spending time just trying to figure out what I need to do to succeed. My family is 100 percent in and willing to help how ever they can. I am so grateful. My dream is to go to Auburn and just have a great race and that means finishing in under 30 hours.

No comments: