Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Sunday

There are so many special moments that made this race SD 100 special but these are the ones I will hold close to my heart. Its the end of the race. It was when I knew I finally made it. I was done .  After 31 hours and 12 minutes. You know when I was running this race I thought my friends who where there cared but when I crossed the finish line and saw my family and friends ( I had no idea they would be there) where all at the finish line. They drove out a long way just to see me cross the finish line. It was those moments when I received all these unexpected hugs that I realized that running had brought me so much closer to my family. I also realized that even though I get jealous sometimes or I feel negative stuff in my head my family has got my back. I totally added this warm fuzzy feeling to my already exhausted body. What a great ending to the hardest race I had ever ran and finished. 

No comments: