Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

26 - PCT - Good Runs - Good Friends- Pushing Hard

picture by : Becca Roan
I had the best run today. I had a really good run and I needed it. I was up at 4 am so I could make our run on time. I am really trying to do things right and today it worked today. 
I went to bed at 9pm
I woke up at 4 am 
Had a huge bowl of oatmeal at 4:15
Put everything in the car the night before so I would not have to stress the night before :)
I got dressed and was in the car by 4:30
So I had no stress driving because I had enough time. 
I decided since I have been feeling so tired on my runs to try eating other than GU.
TADA
I tried dried figs from Sprouts. I loved the energy they gave me and my tummy never felt gross. 
The most important part I ran with My favorite bunch of runners. Funny Hard working good people. (The Trail crashers )
So this combination worked for me and in total I had an 80 mile week that ended with a great run… 

The great thing is I have been having a really hard time keeping up and feeling exhausted during my runs. A part of me has been feeling man I suck at this but not today :)
Today I ran 26 miles on the PCT and it was great ,beautiful and all those things that help you have a wonderful run. I am going to cross my fingers that next week goes like today. Happy Trails and guess what 48 day and 8 hours until the San Diego 100.
I am doing the excited dance over hear peeps.
These pictures where taken by my friend Becca Roan

No comments: