Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13

I am sitting here thinking about Saturday. My second 50 miler. There is so much to be excited and nervous about. I had dinner with some friends the other day and we talked about the journey. The question was what do you prefer finishing a race  or the journey ( the race itself ) ? I love finishing when I am almost finished but one of the best things for me is getting to the finish line. All those hours when all that matters is you running. I love that huge feeling of gratitude you get when your starting to get tired but you know you still have a long way to go so you tell yourself wait its not time yet and your body listens. Then your like Thank you Universe for listening to me. That is one of the benefits of not being fast you get more time out there on the course. I am really excited. I read this quote that totally made me smile. 
Set your pace. Choose your route. Breathe as you please and do as you want. Run to be free.. 

No comments: