Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Morning Run

Today's long run felt like this picture a little messed up. I was really excited this morning when I woke up. I had visions of running out my door early in the morning and being light on my feet and running an easy 26 miles on my own. ( I must of been hallucinating ) There is no such thing as an easy 26 miles. That's me choosing to only think of the happy miles. OK so I finally got my ass out the door around 8 a.m. lucky for me it was a cloudy morning. I ran right out my door because I did not want to drive. Sometimes on the weekend I just don't want to drive. My plan was to run across town. Across town includes lots of big hills but I felt up for the challenge. See I was dreaming . 
Here I go... I have my phone charged I have my gels I am ready.. Sometimes when I go out for these long runs I feel I am part super mom. I know its silly but I feel like I am mom during the week and  a runner on the weekends. Fighting laziness and getting stronger. TAA DAA

I got to mile 13 and decided that since my phone was about to die and I forgot my watch and I wouldn't have music and all for the other 13 miles . Somehow those thoughts psyched me out.  I  decided I would turn around and run home.  
 So 13 back all on my own. Some people love running with out music but I think better with music. The music helps me think better. It helps me filter my thoughts. I really only listen to one Pandora Station I know how boring but  it  works for me. As I am running back the sun came out and mile 17 I decided that I would run to x husbands house its kinda on the way so I stopped had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and charged my phone. I got to see my kids that was great since it was not my weekend. Then I was out the door and on my way home.. That's what I told myself less than 10 miles home. I started running home and felt like super hero twice today but soon I was super hot and somehow I lost my cape. I did make it home and I was not as fast as I wanted to be but I did fine I did not walk and according to map my run it turned out to be a 4:30 run. So if I think about how I felt this morning my run would of been a failure but thats not bad its part of the process. I am a better stronger runner because of everything that happened today. I choose to say hey I am happy happy happy. I think it was all the stops and the lights that made it seem so long..Wait it was long..Happy Miles

No comments: