Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello Monday

I didn't get out the door as early as I would have liked too. It can be pretty hot where I live and its not the prettiest place to run. There are tons of people and lights and there is a train. Its difficult to really get in the zone. The first 3 miles I feel like a rat running through things trying to get to the other side. The other side of what I don't know. This morning I decided to change things up and I ran a completely different route and not much changed except for me. A couple miles in and I stopped hearing the traffic and there seem to be less people. Things seemed to slow down. That is  what running did for me this morning. It helped slow life down and as moved mile after mile I found within me the inner peace I long for on an everyday basis. Nothing else mattered for a little bit of time just my legs moving and feeling the hot sun on my back and that grateful feeling in my heart that had settled in.. I do like to run in the hot sun and the traffic seemed to disappear .  The people all those negatives somehow became positives. This movement of my body cleared my brain of negatives and filled my heart with positives. Some people like to run in the hot sun and that includes me.

No comments: