Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Welcome August

Hello August,  I have a love relationship with the beginning of each month. I just love love having a clean slate to start over in planning my goals for the month. However big or small your goals are the Rad thing is they are yours. This is one thing about the sport I adore that works for me. I love that I have a goal when it comes to my training, my big race is October 11th. I have 71 days. This gives me two months to work my ass of to be in the best shape I can be to run 50 miles.. My goal for August is to check all my runs off. I am really trying hard to fallow this thing perfectly but also listen to my body. That means I have to not be to hard on myself for what I don't do but appreciate when I get a chance to run and try to make my runs good ones. This also means I have to get my runs in 90 percent of the time and not slack off. I have a start method if I get my runs in I give myself  star and at the end of the month I like seeing all the stars because they represent all the times I showed up for myself and when you have 4 kids and your a taxi driver and a cook its a big deal to make that happen. 
My running goals for this moth are 178 miles.
My mommy goals are to make every swim team practice

to cook dinner 5 out of 7 days. To take my kids to the zoo and swimming at my dads house twice. ( I live far away from everything so everything I mention is at least a 40 minute drive). I almost forgot to make sure we all go get froyo together a couple times. I would also like to do one thing that takes me out of my comfort zone and I know what that is I just have to get the courage to do it. I will tell you about it when its done. 

I love this saying it is taped in my journal. I guess I love the beginning of the month because its another opportunity to start and fallow through. Its really good to love yourself and pat yourself on the back when you made it. In order to grow and do that you have to step out of your comfort zone and not be afraid to fail. That's another thing I love about running marathons and training for my second ultra its a great opportunity to try and grow as an athlete and when race day comes its just me and the road or the trails. I am not going to win any race but when I cross the finish the line no matter how long it took me if I gave everything I had that day guess what ?  to me and my crew I won. Running gives me the opportunity to not be afraid to stretch and grow in ways I did not know I could.  Planing my month out in advance is a key piece to getting my goal achieved. Yes in my cheering section here comes a whole new month…Do you have plans for next month and do you have a way that helps you achieve it ? I would love to know..


No comments: