Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

The san Diego Rock and Roll part 2

It took me a while to get back here because I have has a sick little boy and this lithe boy want me 24/7 when he is not feeling well. This morning he woke up much better so here I am. My Marathon experience was a great one. It was over cast for about 70 percent of the race and that's what you want when running 26.2 miles. There was a couple of good hills late in the race but I think that keeps things interesting . I think I mentioned before that I joined the 4 hour pacer group and our leader was doing great and keeping a great pace then all of a sudden he was done. I think it was around mile 17 he just stopped and luckily someone else picked it up but for a minute I felt like the people in the Forrest Gump movie when Forrest stops running and everyone else just stops..Funny but true
I wore my pack during this race and I really like wearing a pack for long runs. I am not very good at running and stopping at the water stations and starting up again . I don't feel really hydrated . The pack makes it so I drink water when ever I am thirty and Its my GU brew and I feel like I stay hydrated . I get really bad headaches if I run for a long time with out hydration. I felt strong the entire time I also met a few people along the way. I was happy to finish but I did feel like I could have kept going just not at the pace I was running at. My time was

I was happy with race and happy with my time. I would loved to be under 4 hours but 2 minutes over is fine with me. I thought about going to the bathroom while I was running but then I thought about making the time up and I said just hold it so I did. I did have to stop to tie my shoes twice because I tied them to tight. I tie my shoes about 10 times every race .. not good.
I am running Seattle in about two weeks. I would love to run a 3:59 . I had a great time and highly recommend the Rock and Roll marathon experience to anyone. Yes there are lots of people but that just makes it more fun. See you soon and Happy Running.

No comments: