Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A short story

Since I was a little girl I wanted to be an artist. When my friends would ask me what do you want to be when you grow up ? I would say an artist. I wanted to make greeting cards. Holly Hobbie greeting cards to be exact. I always kept a note book with all my drawings and I would write about my little characters. I always had a really great imagination. I would play barbies in my room for hours and I was the mommy in my make believe world. So yes life happened and I lost the best part of me.
I lost my dream of becoming an artist because I grew up. I did not go to college . I moved out when I was 17 so I got a job finished high school and grew up. So now 20 years later and 4 kids later Its coming back to me. I remember what I wanted to be when I was little . I wanted to be an artist and in my world I am. I have a million insecurities but I am learning that its OK to be insecure but its more important to put that feeling aside move forward and believe. I know I hear it everywhere believe in yourself but if you don't then who will. The number one thing about making your dreams come true is practicing what you love. Its hard to be good at something overnight but if your practice it will come eventually . I am that person that needs to practice over and over things don't come easy to me. Take running for instance I have been running marathons for 12 years and looking back I was a terrible runner. I got hurt all the time . I wore the wrong shoes I had bad form but I kept at it because my inner voice said man this is fun lets keep doing this G. So 12 years later I call myself a runner and I feel  like I have graduated . I am a runner. My plan is to do the same thing with art. I will practice what I love and keep going because it makes my insides feel good all over. I have come back to that same feeling of knowing what I want to do. I want to be an artist. I painted this with that little girls imagination. It makes me happy to know my inner child lives inside of me and she loves to paint. The moral of the story is do what you love when you can . Practice your passions. It will make you feel all pretty onside.

No comments: