Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Single Rose

A couple years ago a friend gave me a small card. It was an American Greeting card and it had a tiny little girl and I remember she looked some what like the girl I wanted to paint. I was inspired then and I still am. I adore little girl drawings and paintings. When I see them I feel all pink inside. I can't get enough. 

I have also been working on layering. and the more I practice the more I am able to see what I like and how things work together. 

She reminds me of a friend I made at a retreat Rachel . I love red heads. I just adore the freckles there so cute to me. I hope that's OK to say. So here is my new painting.  I felt like they were walking home from picking roses. The little girl has a cute little basket with her flowers in it. 

I thought about what quote went perfect with them. I think I found it. I am excited to say I will be putting her in my Etsy shop soon. Thanks exciting to me.

A single rose can be garden…A single friend my world.

No comments: