Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So long October

I am finding it hard to believe that this month is also almost gone.  I am wondering is this what happens when you have a baby.. time just flies by. Its a am finding that its a weird place to be in. Its a little lonely only because I am not working and life as I knew it has changed and in the same regard its exciting because we are now making new future plans that include this little guy. I also want to share how much fun I am having being a mommy to a baby this time around. I am 10 years older than I was last time I had a baby and I feel very comfortable and relaxed about taking care of baby Jack. He is an easy baby. He is a great sleeper and eater and so far the worst thing that has happened is at 6pm almost every day he gets a little cranky and cries. That makes for an easy baby. Its also really cool watching my other kids interact with him. Each one loves him in there own playful but very protective way. We really have not taken him anywhere and that is because he did not have his shots and his dad was just not taking any chances of having his little boy getting sick. Maybe that's another reason I have not blogged I have not been out much lately. Now that he has had his shots so we can go out and start exploring today we went to Target to get his Halloween Costume. ...
Then we walked though the park a little bit and that seem to be enough for him.
The one thing little man does not like is being in his car seat. It breaks my heart to hear him cry when I take the kids to school. I pull over a-lot and go in the back seat and soothe him then I continue on my way. I am hoping to figure out a way to make it so that driving is easier for him. I try not to go anywhere unless I absolutely  have too , but I am hopeful that soon he will grow out of this. There is nothing worse than hearing your baby cry.
................
I want to share whats going on with my weight and training. I am down to 140 pounds .. I am honestly working really hard at this whole losing weight thing. I have a trainer come to the house twice a week and work out with me for an hour and then I am running 3 days a week ..about 20 miles a week. I am still slow but all I really want to do right now is train my body to run again and  start to get good miles in.  Its honestly a little crazy to me that when my mind wanders or I day dream its usually about running. I miss how it makes me feel so much but with 4 kids and all the responsibilities of being there mom my time to run is limited. I am looking forward to the day little man can hold up his head and we can go for runs.. I see a Jogging Stroller in my future. I have spoken to a bunch of people and I think he has to be around 5 months old before I can run with him in the stroller..
I have a couple goals for next year..I am going to run a marathon a 50k a 50 miler and a couple half marathons. The part about this that excites me the most is training . I love love training for races. It gives me something for me to work hard at. It just makes me happy to be able to work hard. Its just like being a mom its hard work to be a good mom but as long as you raise good adults then thats your medal at the end of a race. 

No comments: