Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Running to a River

Happy Monday
You know how life can get so busy and we find ourselves running around.. Last week I found myself driving from place to place. I felt this need to stop. I felt like things were passing me by and I almost could not stop because I had so many errands to run. I did not like that feeling at all. So I Stopped. I took a little time and drove by the beach I parked my car and got out to STOP.
 I ran up and down the beach 5 times. I rolled in the sand. I layer  down and then I felt so much better. I think I needed to play.  


Then I grabbed my camera and took these pictures. Playing is important. I started thinking about what I do that I would consider playing. I need to play more. I think running counts as playing because when I was younger I ran all the time. Doing things that are simple and just for fun nurture me. 

When things feel stressful or they seem to have a hold of you. When life is going by really fast..I highly recommend taking 5 to 10 minutes to just play. Maybe Rubik's cube in your car. Pulling out a box of crayons and coloring on a piece of paper.

so take the time to play..Its good for you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello G,
i love that you allow your muse to guide you, stop you, inspire you.
Keep living your free spirit life!
Sending you mountains of hugs from Palomar Mountain.
Teresita

patty said...

Dear G, here is a post that you wrote from the heart and you know what? It's totally profound. Entire books have been written on this subject but I think you said (and showed) it better. Sending love and it's so cool to see Terri here!!

joyful.mara said...

This is what I love most about the blogosphere...experiencing others "aha" moments and gaining gentle reminders for ourselves. Thank you for sharing this moment in words and photos with us. I often find myself stressed out by my to do list and can't wait until all the items are checked off so I can relax. Next time, I will remind myself to stop, breathe and play.