Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Wild Horses

I I think about my dad often. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to know him better. I saw him on rare occasions growing up. I know he always drove Volkswagen  Van. The colors I remember him having are purple and yellow. He was tall and slender. He had a raspy voice from smoking but it was really cool. He was a musician. He played the guitar he sang too. He would show up and ring the door bell and then someone in the house would yell Gloria your dad is here.. I would run down the stairs as fast as I could and jump into his arms and hug him as hard as I could hoping maybe he would never let go of me. He would tell me stories and talk to me about his adventures on the road. 
He would call me into the room when he visited and would say Baby come here sit down I wrote a song for you.. he would then take his guitar out and sing to me. In that moment I was the only girl in the world...I often thought as he was singing to me how much I just wanted him to stay and never leave.. He always ended his mini Jam sessions by playing the Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd.. He had Long wavy hair and it was dark brown. I will always remember his hands too. They looked like musicians hands. This song reminds me of my dad. I wish he was still here. Or that he would of hung around me for a while but I am grateful he visited me when he did..I sure do miss him and his voice..and those hugs..

1 comment:

K8 said...

I can feel the emotion in your writing.. xox