Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy December

Its hard to believe this year is almost over. It has been a crazy last two weeks with going on a family vacation to Chicago and then going to an Art Retreat the fallowing day. Chicago was really interesting and big. I thought San Diego's down town was big.. I was wrong. I can only imagine New York..I will share my art retreat expirience very soon. I learned lots..
Now my running goals for this month go as fallows..
I am going to log a minimum of 200 miles this month. I do not have any races but I am challenging myself to run 45 minutes everyday this month. I can add more if I want but not less. I read this article and thought why not. 
http://www.endurancecorner.com/library/running/30_day_run_camp
I am definitely feeling way better about my running skills. I know what I need for next year is more endurance and many more miles under my belt. I believe that fallowing through is the key to success. I was watching Oprah 9 years ago and I just had a baby. I think my baby was about 1 at the time. I had a-lot of weight I had not lost and I needed to get outside. Oprah had a some kind of doctor on the show and they said if you anything for 21 days it becomes a habit..I had nothing to lose and at the time I was a stay at home mom so I said why not and started walking everyday for the 21 days. I also prepared myself for success. I got a calendar and one of those big black markers. I wrote one through 21 on my calendar and then each day crossed it out. I also put a picture of what I was going to treat myself to if I finished...
That started a whole new chapter in my life. I lost the weight I needed to lose but more importantly I found this inner strength within myself that I never I had. I honestly had the experience that having a healthy body helps you lead a healthy life and make  life choices according to that life style. I love a fun challenge. This is day three for me and if you too would like to join.. You should...The hardest part is day 13 to day 17 after that you are good to go..
My next race is the Carlsbad full and then my second 50k is in February. I will share my training ups ad down with you and tell you all about my art adventure..

No comments: