Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

I love to run...

Here is a small window into my brain.  This morning I woke up at 5:17 and all of me wanted to stay in bed. It was warm and I was sleepy. Somehow I told my brain to shhhh for a moment as I got up and got ready to go workout. I just told myself not to think about what I was doing and just do it.. So now I am sitting in the car telling myself I have a couple of hours to run and that's what I love right ? This morning I went through every excuse in my head why I did not have to run...but that other little voice said..If it was easy everyone would do it.Lets go G..
every mile you put in will help you at your race.
Now I am running and I always start of slow because I am not in a hurry and because I am not feeling it yet..4 miles later I find myself in that really good place. You know the air smells so good and its so early you feel like your the only one up. The earth kinda tells me your right where you need to be Gloria. I kept going and on my way back between mile 12 and 13 I just felt this intense gratefulness for everything that is good in my life and all that is not. I felt so happy and I remember that this is why I run. My world was a little bit slower. I was outside..I love being outside. I never really thought about how much I love being outside. The sun was shinning and before I knew it I was back at the car.
I think those where some of my best happiest miles..So even though I just did not want to get up. I am so glad I did. I am not even sure what this post is about but I wanted to share...The picture above was taken right after my run...My run made my day...
I hope you have a wonderful weekend..

1 comment:

marilyn said...

oh, you beautiful girl!