Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Super Simple Salad

I do not consider myself to be a good cook.   However , as the mother of three, I have to cook.  I have really improved my eating habits in the last 3 years.  I am a lover of McDonald's and Taco bell.   I really love Roberto's (a local chain of taco shop) carne asada burritos.  I am also a lover of candy and chips... I know all of these things are bad for me.  I have made a conscious effort to upgrade my eating habits.  Basically I have been working at limiting the bad and making healthier choices. 

I feel it is important to lead by example.  I want my kids to have a good foundation.  My kids and I are OK with not going to all those place.   My kids are awesome about trying anything I make.  They are very supportive and always give me the benefit of doubt.  The other day I made this very simple salad:
Cherry Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Chives for my half of the salad
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Oil and vinegar

That's it..They tried it and liked it. They did not love it but they liked it. I loved it because it taste really good and its healthy...
Do you have a simple yummy recipe you would like to share with me. If so please share as I am always looking for simple yumminess !!!
Have a Great Day
G
xoxo

No comments: