Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Thoughts on Day 3

Day 3.
After taking a some time off from running I am now going to do my 21 days straight of running.  I do this to jump start my training and I am start slow.  Today I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes. I don't mind starting off slow  but I look forward to an easy long run again.  I wonder how long it will take me to get to that easy run? Will it take 2 or 3 weeks?  While I was running my mine drifted to the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon.  I am sad because I won't be running this year.  I have been lucky enough to have taken part in 6 Rock n Roll marathons.  Looking back at my first I remember thinking "I was pretty fast"... well lets just say I was not.  I kept training and year after year I got better and better.  By the time I ran St. George Marathon in Utah I ran 3:53, that was my best finishing time ever... I was so excited.  That's what went though my head on my short run today.   A bunch of great race day thoughts and how much I love  running marathons.  I feel like Wonder Woman after I am done and the distance doesn't bother me anymore.  I used to stop and cry at mile 17.  By the time I ran my 3rd marathon that stopped happening.  Heck I haven't hit the wall in my last 7 marathons.  I do know I have to continue to train right so I don't hurt myself.  That means getting all my runs in, going to bed early and drinking lots and lots of water.  So tomorrow I will be doing a semi long run with my dad running ahead of me.   He loves letting me know he is ahead of me...  I am sure it will be fun and hard but If I want to run a full marathon and a 50k 
this year, I need to run, run, run... I will keep you posted and by the way I did 6 pages in my smash book today.
 I will share them next week...
XOXO
G

No comments: