Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Recognizing I am enough


I have been having lots of feelings of self-doubt.  I am trying to figure out where all this self-doubt comes from… I really don't care about the past and what created this bag of self-doubt.  What I am trying to understand is... “How do I get rid of it?!?!?”  This morning while on my run I was thinking how great it would be to have a “recycle your shit here” service…  That would be so terrific.  If you are carrying crap from your past and you’re ready to get rid of it, you hit a button that says, “To Recycle Press Here.”  Then I woke up and realized it just doesn’t work that way.  Some people say you need to work through it.  Others say you need to just let go. There are thousands of books that tell people how to exercise the demons.  I am learning that different things work for different people.  That’s what makes us individuals.  The key is acknowledging the issue, figuring out what works for and putting in the time and work.  I am right in the middle of my mission of wanting to let go.  What do they say? Three steps forward 2 steps back. Since I am on this self proclaimed mission of lightning my load, I thought I would share a little of what’s helping me move forward… First I am learning to be kind to myself.   I am thinking positive thoughts and I’m not allowing self-criticism.  I need to say nice and kind things to myself.  We all need to hear I love you mom or honey you’re so beautiful, Babe, I am so in love with you, you’re the best, you complete me etc...  That’s nice but what we tell ourselves is huge…  The whole kindness matter situation is so true and it all starts with you.  So here is another thing I do…  This is silly but it’s starting to work for me… I am carrying a picture of myself in my purse and when I have all that doubt that creeps I take it my picture and look at myself...  I talk very sweetly to myself and remind myself that I am only human, I am trying my best and that in its self is enough.  Then I say be nice to Gloria and be patient with her… Is that crazy? Things that make you go hmmm
…

The last thing that is working for me comes from this quote… “Happiness in not something ready made. It comes from actions.”~ The Dalai Lama
My suggestion to you is to do what you love to do.  If you love to craft, journal or run make time to do it.  And if you have kids and you think you don't have time, bring them with you on your journey.  Trust me spending time with you is what your kids want more than anything else. You will be so happy and they will learn some self-love routines. So bottom line is be nice to yourself and cut yourself some slack.   When we do this life is just better... Finding our light takes time but I firmly believe we hold on to our fuel… Nurture yourself with love, light, understanding and patience. Practice shinning brightly…


5 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen Sister! I agree, very well said. I'm going to make a button that says Recycle your Shitty baggage and self doubt here!

tricia said...

Wow, you are so insightful. I love what you're saying here and to yourself. I need to do the same thing, I think I will try the picture thing. :) Love you and your creative soul! ♥

kelly barton said...

i am working with valerie right now. she suggested a do 30 days of this. each day thanking different parts of me for all that they do. it is so true. i truly love this post. and really happy i read it today (even though i meant to read it the other day). a way to start monday off right.

love you.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love this! Also, it's so coincidental because I was thinking that I should look through an old photo album and find a picture of myself when I was little and tell myself all the things I wish someone had told me then. I feel like the little girl inside me who is doing most of the reacting and hurting when things feel so out of proportion to what's really going on could use the love and support and maybe it would help her realize that I am older and wiser and have more resources and that she can rest.

Love you.

Kolleen said...

beautiful.
beautiful.
beautiful.

insightful.
true.
wise.

YOU!

oxoxo
k