Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

100 Miles Later...

This weekend I woke up around 6 a.m. on Sunday.  I put on my running shoes and went out for a short jaunt.  As soon as I was done I hurried home and got all of our stuff ready for the San Diego 100.  My kids and I were on our way to Alpine to see our good friend Jeff (he is married to one of my best friends Charlene)  finish the San Diego 100 miler.  This is something I  dream of doing and completing.  I was so excited to be able to be there for him and his family.  I have to admit I was selfishly super excited just to be there.  Think about it, I know someone who had the drive and the commitment to train for and complete a 100 mile race.  It is both crazy and amazing to me.  I had that same feeling inside as the day I met Kelly-Rea.. You know that holy shit I am about to meet someone who is a hero to me feeling..  I was just so happy to see all those men and woman finish something so amazing.  It really is a commitment of drive, passion and love.  It was also really great to be able to see a married couple that truly loves each other!!!  Jeff and his wife Charlene have been married over ten years and they are such a great team.  Despite the fact that Charlene was worried about him running, she was waiting for him at every aide station.  She brought him food, changed his shoes and cheered him on...  He may have run the race but he was not alone...  I guess for me the best part was watching this family, that truly loves each other, was that they all pull together for Jeff.  It's so nice to be a part of something so good.   So back to the story... Jeff finished the San Diego 100 miler yesterday.  I stood there with about 10 other people just waiting to see him do something great and he did.  Although all his friends and family were happy to see him finish, no one was happier than Jeff!!!

No comments: