Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stories and a good weekend


What a great weekend I had, for starters I had my kids, which always makes me smile. In fact my kids always multiply my happiness. I started out my Saturday morning with what else a beautiful run in the rain. I feel like sometimes the only thing that really clears my head and allows me to focus is a good run. It never ceases to amaze me how, as I make the turn and head for home, all I can think about is who I love and why I love them. I think about how sweet my son is when I pick him up from school. I think about how Bella and I hold hands while driving in the car. I think about all the sweet text messages Poala sends me.. Then I walk in the door drink some water and fix myself a perky cup of coffee..

Saturday was a jam-packed day. We celebrated my dad's 64th Birthday... He is an amazing, loving, sweet man. I can't imagine my life with out him. He is the one person in my life I know I can count on. He has supported me my whole life. Every little girl needs that father figure in her life. If you have been reading my blog you know my real dad wasn’t around much, so God sent me Uncle Mike. He has been married to my real dad’s sister for 30 something years. He took it upon himself to step in and be my dad. How lucky am I? Despite the stress associated with my divorce, over the last 5 years, my dad and I have grown closer. How cool is that? We run together, talk on the phone every day, and have date night once a month… I am so grateful for all he has done... So here we are my brother and his wife, my sister and our kids celebrating my dad’s birthday...

After Mike's birthday luncheon I hurried home for Isabella's dress up sleepover birthday extravaganza. What could be better than being 9 and having your girlfriends over for a sleepover? They put on a fashion show for me and stayed up late telling jokes and harassing Isa's older brother. Watching them sing happy birthday and eat cake I couldn’t help but thing these are the things that matter in life… These are the perfect moments in her childhood that she will remember for a lifetime... It makes me want more kids so that the noise, laughing and craziness will never end…

We wrapped up the weekend with a little frozen yogurt and Ms. Pac-man. Did you play Ms. Pac-man when you were little? Do you still play today? My sister played Centipede and my brother Carlos and I would play Ms. Pac-man non stop. When I would get to the really high levels I would always sing that song "Maneater" in my head...

Oh-oh, here she comes... She's a Maneater
Happy Tuesday

1 comment:

patty said...

Lotsa happy here - love it!