Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I am so grateful we are ok.



Holy Cow..I have to share with you what happened this morning and what I am so grateful for..

I was on my way to take my two little ones to school this morning. There was a red light ahead of me so I slowed down and stopped about 3 feet from the car in front of me. I was talking to my kids when suddenly out of no where someone hit my car from behind really hard. ( I drive a Prius ) I heard my Bella start to cry and next thing I know I am hitting the car in front of me. It was really scary. I was just at the red light waiting and suddenly it happened.. I pulled over and the car in front of me did too but the car that hit me was gone..I never saw it..He drove away. I held my kids and thanked God they were OK. The guy who I hit jumped out of his car looked at mine and said I am fine..suddenly got back in his car and he was gone.

All I could think is I am so grateful that my kids are OK. I am OK. We had our seat belts on. The kids were sitting straight. I was grateful the seat belts worked and most of all that I could hold them in that moment and reassure them that they were safe.
Driving is not to be taken lightly..texting and driving is not OK.

I am going to be crazy safe for a while because it really made me realize once again hoe fragile we really are. So drive safe and be careful.

3 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Oh my goodness I am so glad you guys are okay! How scary!!!

I cannot believe that they both just left!!!! I mean at least one stopped to check but OMG!!!!!

Emily D. said...

Gloria, I am so glad that you and your little ones are okay. I can't believe that they both left either!! WTH?? Wow.... some people. However, you and your families safety is more important than fools who leave an accident.

Christina said...

wow! i'm glad you all are ok!! scary stuff.
xo