Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Year is here...

Happy New Year
I know I am a couple of days late but that's OK.  This picture was taken right before the new year and I think its my favorite picture of 2011..
It is a picture of the four of us. My mom and my two sisters. Its the only good picture I have of the four of us. I have been feeling the new years buzz in my tummy .. That means I have been feeling a great urge to  journal about 2011 and bring that year to an end . Last year my word was brave and I feel I was just that brave in standing up for my self, Brave in letting go. I just felt that word most of the year.
This year my word didn't really come to me. I felt I had to look for it and I came up with two words. One word is my word for my creative life..
Journal
I love to journal and draw in my books but I feel that my journal has taken much more of a healing path for me. I used to journal what I did everyday. It would go something like this. Today I got up and made breakfast got the kids up and took them to school. everyone was happy. I would write down almost everything that happened in my day ..for years I have don't this but now I feel that journal has become  a safe place for me write down anything I want to stop worrying about and I write down my grateful list and how I am feeling about a certain life event that day and its much juicier than before. I am going to try to make it a habit the year to journal and use my journals to help myself just be settled.
The word that I chose for this year in general is
determinationI really want to be more determined to finish what I start.
that come in many forms..
Learning to cook better
Finish way more craft projects
Get out side more with my kids
school
and yes once again I want to do another 50k this year . This year I want to finish it.
run 2 marathon
go on a road trip that inlcudes fishing with my kids.
All good fun things and this year I will be 40.
I love that idea...
I am excited for this year and I hope you are too...
Happy New year
xoxo
G

1 comment:

mindy lacefield said...

i love this photo of the 4 of you. such love. there is so much beauty shown here....
i can't believe you are going to be 40. you so look like you are 24.
i am so lucky to call you a friend! and so blessed that we were roommates 2-1/2 years ago at unearth. its crazy to think its been that long ago. those moments chatting with you into the hours of the night is one of my favorite memories ever!!! i love you so much