Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I learned yesterday...

I was watching the new last night and I they did a small report on venting. You know when something happens and we pick up the phone and call a friend and tell her everything that happened to us. It is supposed to make us feel better right ? according to the news and to lots of other websites  ..       Venting does just the opposite..
Interesting stuff hu !
So I thought this was worth looking up. What you could do instead of venting.


1. You could go for a walk and reflect.
2. taking deep breaths
3.Take time away from the situation
4. Listening to your favorite song
5. Write in your journal about what just happened

I wanted to share this because I am always looking for ways that help me become a better person or ways that just help. I don't like feeling like I need to vent but I do. I feel that when I vent it doesn't really help it just makes my problem bigger in my own head.  So when I saw this on the news it sparked my interest. My biggest wish is that we could all have peace in our own hearts. I think the world would be such an amazing place.  I believe this little exercise will help bring a little more peace to my heart and I hope it does for yours.
xoxo
G


4 comments:

patty said...

Interesting stuff, Miss G. I love your peace mission! And I agree - there is already way too much venting going on. I mostly do try to use my journal for that but I'm afraid my hubby has had to put up with a dose of venting now and then... it happens, but I think awareness is so critical. If we know we shouldn't do it, that will at least make us pause. Pause is good. Great post!! XOX

Kerry said...

This post really made me think and I'd much prefer to do anything other than vent, which does seem to have an adverse effect. I suppose, all the while you're venting, you're still het up, angry and thinking about the situation. Going for a walk. listening to music ... I know which I'd prefer! xo

Kolleen said...

i totally dig the ramblings in your brain and your theory on venting!!

i couldn't agree more.

i love you sweet G

oxoxox
k

AND PEACE TO YOU BABY!!

Lauren Leggatt said...

okay i just have to say that floral picture of the peace sign is sooo pretty!
and about venting, i totally can see how it does the opposite bit i also think you shouldnt keep it all bottled up because then it just brews and gets worse! no fun!
hope you're having a lovely day!
xo, Lauren