Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New 52

Hello sweet friends..
I added a friend that I made through running on my list of blogs I visit..Her blog name is The Fabulous adventures of list girl. Her husband Todd and I ran in the same group for 2 seasons I think . He introduced me to his wife who is also a runner and a fellow scrapbook girl and a blogger.( I liked her right away) I have been reading her blog for a while now. Its a great way to keep up with people and just see whats going on in there life. I was reading her blog this morning and I saw that she was doing this project. I know its a late start but that's OK. It also looks like fun. Here is a link to her blog so you can check it out for yourself. I love the idea of trying something new every week this year. I will start with last week. I went snow shoeing ..First time and I don't know how much I really liked it. I don't know if it was the altitude of 9000 feet that got me or the fact that I ran 8 miles that morning but I was found to be a-lot of work. Maybe I was using all new muscles . My dad Ishman and I were out there for a couple hours. I got to a point were I said OK boys were done I want to go home I am tired . My dad looks at me and says really !! I said yes ..I am done no more. So out of character for me....but I was tired. I am glad I did it and I will try it again. I think you always have to try new things a couple times before you really know if you like it or not. So when I read about List girls challenge.. I thought I would share it..Looks like fun....
New52 is a project started by Peppermint and I to encourage each other and others around us to try something new every week in 2011. The "new" each week doesn't have to be something big. It could be something as simple as ordering a new dish instead of old standbys at your favorite restaurant. It's simply opening your heart up to NEW possibilities.

Don't worry if you're late getting started on joining in. It's totally OK if you miss a week here or there. We encourage everyone to keep an open mind about trying something new. This is a life project, and a photography/blog and even scrap challenge if you wish. If you participate this week, please leave a link to your blog post in the link list below. You can also post images to our New 52 Flickr Group! We would love to see what you were inspired to do.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Fun, Gloria. I hope it brings you inspiration and joy!

Christi said...

Welcome to New 52! I hate snow so I'm not sure if snow shoeing would be my cup of tea but it sounds like an amazing experience.

So jealous that you saw Lady Gaga! I heart her!

listgirl said...

Lady Gaga sounded like so much fun! I'm not into snow (lived in Ohio for 11 years, LOL) so the snow shoeing didn't sound quite as fun. :p I'm super-glad you're going to try to do something new every week and joining in the New 52 fun! And I just read the post that you started running again... not easy but so awesome of you.