Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holy Cow...its December..

You know when you lose your blogging Mojo. When you think you don't have anything to write about..Yup , my brain has been living at the Holy Cow !!! I miss my Blog but what do I write about address. So, I am going to make December my just write G month...So here's what's going on in my head pertaining to Art.. I want to go to Art School...I am going to figure out a way to make that happen . Next, I have been kinda painting and watching a-lot of how to paint with acrylics...on you tube...If you have any recommendations on books to buy or DVDs please leave me a comment and let me know.. I have also been majorly blog hopping to all of these amazing painting blogs..I love Blogs ( for the record ) I really do..
I want to tell you about this fun painting..I took the picture with my I phone so I know there not great but I just needed to share my stuff. I will take better pictures this weekend...This girl reminds me Beyonce in that movie Dream girls..I would love to learn to paint those glamorous 50's girls...I am definitely learning lots and have lots to learn. The whole skin tone blending situation is a challenge. Composition is tricky too...So, here I have a question..I want to paint two girls and a tree do I just pencil it on the canvas first and if the answer is yes..What type of pencil do I use ?hmmm
I bought those tiny canvases you know the 4 for 4 dollar ones and I am having Bella do portraits of her teachers for Christmas presents..How cute and completely affordable too
The next thing is...Check out our new Bubble Gum Life Blog....
Leave a comment and let us know what you think...Its pretty cool..Its just a feel good Blog but Carrie and I have so many great Ideas and dreams that we are going to accomplish through our little sweet blog....
Have a great Day and I missed you..
G



6 comments:

Jane said...

I know it's easier said than done but I think it's important to do something creative every day and it doesn't have to be grand.

I love going to visit Aimee at Artsyville (http://artsyville.blogspot.com/). She always has oodles of cool ideas.

Today I was at Borders and saw the 2011 Watercolor Desk Calendar with Denis Pendleton. I'm asking my Santa to put that on the list. It comes with a little set of watercolors and you have a little page a day to paint. Just thinking about it makes me smile ;)

Jennifer said...

you are such an inspiring person in my life. I adore you dear G! Love that you are picking up the paint brush and painting. And I know you, you will def find a way to make art school possible.

xoxo

Christina said...

beautiful work miss gloria!!!
I love acrylic paint, it's very free and forgiving. Alot of people are scared of oil but I always tell them don't be! lol. I've never done much sketching before I paint, mainly because it changes as I'm painting it, but I've used just a regular pencil for it all. Just make sure it's light if you are going to use lighter colours. Good luck with art school!! I would love to go, one day I would love to finish my art degree =)
xoxo

chrissy said...

dearest gloria...in less than 15 hours i will be HUGGING you tight! i LOVE that you are going to go to art school. i wish we lived closer...i would go WITH you. i have SO many books that i love...i will write down a list and share them with you!
so excited my dear!
HUG LOVE
c

A Soldier Girl said...

I love love love these paintings so free .. just amazing girl

K8 said...

oh wow! I am a little behind the times...I guess it's only a week behind...but just checked out your guys' new blog. amazing! it seems so "you!" Can't wait to see what transpires!