Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thinking on the run

Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those slight changes that would make all the difference. -Mignon McLaughlinI feel like I am becoming a crazy runner..Its becoming my favorite place to find answers . I do not know if any of this will make sense but its working for me so if just maybe it works for you I want to share it. Let me first say I feel like a-lot of us are having a weird emotional month. I know its been like that for me. Not really sad but I think emotionally uncomfortable . I go through this often so in the process I try really hard to find a way to shift my energy..I found something this summer that's been working for me.
Here it is..here's my example. I have been dedicating my problem or the feeling of being overwhelmed to movement. Now the movement can be different for all of us..I run and I have friends who walk and I know girls that ride there bikes and some that do yoga. It can be any kind of movement I guess this is how I pray but this works so well for me. I get ready to run and in the process I claim my problem..I try really hard not to lie to myself. Then I start running. You can do any kind of movement but you have to get your body moving for a while like 30 minutes or so. Just go. Try not to let your mind wander to much really take charge of the problem AND DON'T STOP MOVING.. It might take a little time find yourself in this practice but don't give up. I find that near the end of my run I see the problem completely different. I might not have the quick answer but I have strength to go through it. Most of the time I feel really enlightened. I see whats bothering in a completely different light. I hope you can try this its like a Sunday for your inner being and just maybe it could help...
With love and hope,
G


No comments: