Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

6 More days..

The count down officially begins today..in six days I run The St. George Marathon. What does this mean to me? that after 26.2 miles I will have a great story to tell and I will really consider the fact that maybe I am crazy. I think this will be my 7 Th marathon. These races become huge events in my life. Each one has made me stronger in all sorts of ways. I know that I will have the best day dreams while I run. The weirdest thoughts come to me while I run. I invent things and I plan vacations with my kids that are crazy fun. I write a book as I run and I make mini-books, I will sing and rap and dance all while I run..I am so in love with running its a happy pill for me. Give me some tennis shoes and shorts and consider me happy..
but here is the part that scares me. I am running for certain time. I would like to do it in 3:45 ..I did the Rock in Roll in 3:58 ..So what happens if I run it in 3:45...I can go to Boston. Holy cow..If that happened I would poop my pants. I just don't see how I can do that.It's crazy how our mind does that. I think I can do 3:50...but not 3:45.. I never cared about time much but I guess I do now..no matter what it will be a good time..My dad and my kids will be cheering me on. I will totally keep you posted no matter what my time is I will run my little butt off...Do you have something thats you do that makes you crazy happy ?

4 comments:

K8 said...

wow! you are so inspiring! you make me want to get out and run! And better yet, you make me want to keep pushing until I find that special something I just can't get enough of. what a great feeling that must be.

Jennifer said...

you are such an inspiration dear G. Pushing on step after step after step. I feel this way when i am on my bicycle. I just love the freedom. My mind wanders off as your does when you are running. And my body feels so good.

Good luck with achieving your time. I hope you make it to Boston!!

chrissy said...

YOU CAN DO IT SISTER!
i will be there with you in spirit to hold your hand and we can sing CRAZY happy songs together when you feel sluggish!
i love you oddles.
xo
c

Emily D. said...

I know you can do it Gloria!!!!!! I'll be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for ya girl!!! Can't wait to hear about it!! That would be so cool if you got to go to Boston!!!