Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Salvation Mountain

Today I took my two little kids to Salvation Mountain..It's about 3 hours from my house. They didn't know this and I pretended not to know ..It was a little cold were I live and so I thought this perfect a little road trip to warm weather...
So three hours later here we are...I loved it..Its so crazy cool...Like something out of a Dr .Seuss book that came to life..I can only imagine having that complete faith that you are doing Gods plan on earth. Like the man who built and painted this mountain.. God loves people and I love God so I paint for him...that's why he paints for God ..
I can only tell you try to go in the winter..This heat is not good for children. ask mine!!
So people from all over bring him car doors and windows and cars..He paints them all...Jesus loves you!
Dr. Seuss had to be on his mind when he painted this...
This is in the tunnel of painted roses...
pretty amazing hu..I just wanted to go and be there..Talk to God and chill in the heat..
One man did all this..

The exit sign...
And many thanks to these little people who bless my life everyday with there presence...I am sure they will grow up and say...Do you remember when mom made us drive to that hot mountain just so she could sit on the bottom of the mountain and close her eyes...and it was so hot we both cried...I know I felt bad but I bought them a ice cream and we played what if most of the way home...but I think what I love is having them in the car with me for that long without TV or cell phones or anything..There all mine....and who wouldn't want to go see a Salvation Mountain ..Its a painted mountain...I love stuff like that...

5 comments:

Christina said...

that is very cool, i would love to go. just not in the raging heat =)
xo

Kolleen said...

i love it too!
and i love that you shared with all of us....wonderful photos beautiful you!!!

you are such a great mama.....i would have loved to sit next to you, close my eyes and just chill in the heat!!!

all my love
xo
k

Darlene S. said...

This is sooooooo beautiful and inspiring!!! Where is it located?

Elizabeth Halt said...

That is so neat! It seems vaguely familiar. Is it near the Salton Sea at all? If so, maybe I've seen photos before ..

Love, Carrie said...

This is so amazing! If I wasn't sick, I would have gone (and just brought lots of ice)....love the photos!!!