Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My New but not so new art journal...

I started an art journal a while ago but I really didn't...You understand...I finally re- started that art Journal and I will have it for a while...I did my cover with this months kit from the Pink Ninja addicts..OK its really important to take a picture of your self in the reflection on a store window...why? well ins a great way to look at yourself and to see ...This is why I love to do that..besides the fact that I love taking pictures I like stopping and taking that picture and looking at it to be able to say to myself...OK were are you?right now...were are going? I even go as far as saying hi to myself and OK this might sound a bit crazy but it make it easier for me to talk to myself ...and see myself just as I am ...I don't know but I thought what a better picture for an art journal....I had cut my hair this day so I was letting go of stuff...lots of fun...
so this months kit has an entire little bag full of calendar month circle things...see may...I try to be as personal as possible I don't hold back at all...I feel in this little book ...its easy and a fun way to get a quick art fix for sure....I am finding my color pencils because this book needs that for sure....Have a great Tuesday...we had Cinnamon rolls for breakfast and my house smells yummy right now....

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OH I just adore this art journal..I just started one and I think they are the best!!!

YUM...Cinnamon Rolls...I bet the house does smell awesome!!

Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Krista said...

great journal! This is inspiring me to really start an art journal!

I know what you mean how you start a journal but you really don't...

Lynnette Davis said...

This is SO rad! LOVE IE!

Scrapamum said...

Love it! I keep saying I'm going to do an art journal (even took a class from Dina Wakely ) but I just haven't done it. You have just inspired me : )

Jennifer said...

Gloria....I adore your art journal!

I think I am going to have to give this a try. What an interesting way to pair up words and art.

I connected deeply to what you wrote on those pages. So honest, so brave. I love you!!

Christina said...

this inspires me to do an art journal =)
very cool
xo
P.S. ever girl need a pair of aviator sunny's !! lol =)

patty said...

Oooo - really like this. My journals are spiral notebooks from Big Lots! Well, they do have lots of nice lined blank pages, but one of these days, I've got to do something a little more creative!!

tricia said...

oh i LOVE your art journal! i write and create in mine all the time and it's so much fun! i have started several "regular" journals but always seem to get a few pages in and then stop. but with my art journal i don't feel pressured to write all the time, some days i just doodle and it makes me so happy. i hope you keep yours going, it's absolutely adorable...just like you!

Kolleen said...

love it G!!!

love that you take photos of yourself from the reflection in the window!!!

you inspire me
i admire you

xoxo
love you journal....love it!!!

k

PaperCameraScissor said...

i love the way you did the cover and I love how you are using the kits inside.