Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Riding with my dad

I really didn't want to go but I am glad I did...My dad asked if I wanted to go on a ride with him and I said yes..so when he came to get me he said shall we go eat first and I said YES..I really didn't want to go on a bike ride..My heart has been feeling heavy and tired..so I was not in the mood..after lunch I asked him if he wanted to shopping next door to REI...(love this store) he said yes ..Finally we looked at each other and said lets just do this you we will both feel better after we do..We get in the car drive to our biking spot and we are off...We had so much fun and I felt so much better..The more I rode the lighter I felt..It was perfect in about 2 hours I was in a completely different place emotionally..Hopeful and just set in what I believe to be true..and that is everything is going to be OK..I need to chill and breathe..
So here I am near the end of our 2 hour ride....Happy me...exercise is the happy drug...

5 comments:

Kolleen said...

oh my goodness....i LOVE this picture of you!!!

so happy you were able to put yourself somewhere else during your bike ride and realize "all will be okay"....

because you know what....

it will. i know it will.

love you!
k

Jennifer Priest said...

Love the pic ;) Everything will be better ;)

Jennifer said...

Everything will be ok. Even when we find that thought to be impossible just keep that thought tucked away in your pocket because it will be ok.

Sending you a great big hug!

patty said...

Gloria - that Dad of your is a wise man. He knows what his little girl needs!!

Mike Roberts said...

Awesome! Looks so nice out in San Diego!