Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Movie Moment....

I had a total grateful moment today..after much insecurity that has been lingering in my head about me....after yes and no moments about me. After what I would call a my brain is a little confused about what the heck is happening with my life right now..I had a full on movie moment...OK so I am just going to be honest I have more really good days than I do sad ones. I don't really like sad days but I guess they come with the territory.(life)...Ok well I told myself this morning Gloria what are you going to do this month ....That will really make a difference in your life..30 days..30 days to change something for the better......I am going to give up fast food this month...wow..If you knew how much I love fast food you would understand....I love it...but I also am coming to the understanding that I am eating so much of it because I have kinda lost control of what I knew to be my life..You know good or bad my life was a certain way and its all changed..so since I'm all out of sorts right now I tend to do whats easy..and that's not always good..OK I know I am not over weight I am really fine with my body but here the thing..I think that the food choices I have been making it harder for me to feel just plain old healthy...I just don't feel healthy..I feel like this for example...my car is a total mess and it drives fine but when I get in it its just not a smooth ride..its bumpy and I don't feel good in it...Does that make sense..It does right?ok so this leads us to my movie moment because on my road to being healthier this came up.....
OK back to my movie moment...I have not wanted to run ..I do because its good for me and its what I feel I need to be happy...but I have needed to find away to motivate myself..so I found out that near my house a group meets to do an evening run and I asked my dad to please do it with me the first time because I am shy..(really shy)....He said sure Princess...so of we go to Moving Shoes to run with a new group of people and its a 5 mile run but the trick is it was night time...It was really dark..and well I'm 37 and I don't wear glasses and I can hear perfectly but my dad ...well not so much..Here we go behind this really fast group of runners..The kind that are really really fast....him and I..in the dark telling each other lift your feet so you don't fall..look out for the man on a bicycle that has no headlight ...we laughed and I think we were both kinda out of running sorts in the dark..So after 2 miles he stops ...I stop , he looks at his watch and tells me I'm tired Princess and I ask do you want to walk and he says to me ..no lets just go you run first I will fallow you because this makes you happy and that's why I'm here...In that moment my heart was full..I felt loved ...I had a movie moment..A complete memory created in my head that I will remember forever..I cant even begin to tell you how lucky I felt...
Here we are my dad and me...( He is not my biological dad) but he is my heart dad and he has been everything I ever imagined a dad would be..He has loved me like his own little girl since I was 7..OK so there you go my story for today....( oh we burned 580 calories pretty good for a late night run hu...)

10 comments:

Mindy Lacefield said...

oh i know how you love big macs. i do too girl!!! i'm so proud of you for giving it up for a month. :-)

i think your dad is so special. tell him that. so sweet that he helps and lives your dream with you.

love.
m.

Kolleen said...

"he is my heart dad"...that made me cry.

i feel my girls will say that about scotty...because he is SO much their HEART dad! what a precious way to put it!

i love your movie moment....and yes....it was a movie moment!!

love you so much!! keep pushing forward...i promise it will get better!!!
k

Love, Carrie said...

so happy for you G...as always thanks for sharing...love you sooo much!!!

PaperCameraScissor said...

awww!! I loved reading that with my tears in my eyes. Makes me happy to hear good stories like that.

You have me thinking what can I change for 30 days?
hmmmm I will have to think about that one.

Jennifer said...

what a beautiful story gloria.

keeping putting one foot in front of the other. one day the skies will part and everything will just be and you will be able to look up and feel relaxed and happy.

you are so strong and so brave my dear scarf sister.

Unknown said...

Miss Gloria! How awesome of you to do this! waht a fab "movie moment".

Thanks for visiting my bloggy blog too! I'm ALWAYS up for beer! :o)

chrissy said...

i love your "heart dad" and you can tell him that too!
and
i
love
you
too!
c

Denise said...

Be thankful you live near those you love! It will get you through those sad times. Don't be shy about letting those who love you know it's a sad day. They want to help and they won't know unless you tell them.

As for the fast food...hmmm, I don't know if I could give that up, but with my current situation, I've lost almost 10 pounds so I guess I won't worry about that yet!

tricia said...

this touched my heart and made my eyes water. i am happy for you.

marilyn said...

i think i am in love with your dad. i am so swamped with admiration and awe for the relationship you have with one another. the universe gives us great blessings along with some pretty hard knocks. embrace the blessings and don't forget to tell your dad how he makes you feel. oh, and i love you and miss you dear heart.