Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Pink Ninjas have there new inspiration up....

Wow...with Christmas being so close and 4 days a week swim lessons, gymnastic and dinner..I haven't been been playing with paper to much...but thanks to the Pink Ninjas I have felt really special because I was there Ninja Star...That means they did an interview of me..(hello...me ) and they let me pick the prompt . I chose an Elsie inspired picture because she is a constantly full of MAJOR artsy MOJO...and I wanna be Elsie when I grow up...so I came up with this....I did a sultry look..It makes me laugh and say Oh Gloria.....
I am busy with the whole yarn loving thing that's for sure...I am taking the hand made gift thing very serious this year...so I am off to make some black and hot pink gloves for my girlfriend...are you guys making gifts for your friends this year? I have honestly always been really afraid of giving someone something I made because I didn't really think that what I made was good enough..but I have to say that after giving something I made to a friend I was like...LOOK at what I made for you...and after she said you really made this ...I felt like ....yeah I made this because you really mean a-lot to me and I think your special was so obvious and so present in that moment. It made my home made gift giving a very Positive thing...so just go for it..give homemade....love art and have a warm Thursday....

4 comments:

Kolleen said...

love the sultry look!!!!! : )
i am right there with you on the homemade gifts! The hot pink and black gloves sound DELICIOUS!! i want some!!! ; )
i have been making things for friends too...and enjoying it...i think it says exactly what you said "i made this because you really mean a lot to me!!"

hope your home and heart are warm and all is GOOD!
XOXOXO
K

Sweet Escape said...

I'm liking the sultry look!!! I love how you've been crocheting like a mad woman!!..it's so awesome!..you can feel the love that goes into it!!! Black & pink sounds like the perfect combo and i'm sure your friend will love them!!!..especially cause you made them!!..have a happy day!!

Christina said...

Awesome prompt Gloria! thanks for picking this, it was so much fun.
Homemade is ALWAYS better! it has more meaning and love behind it than anything you could buy.
xo

Love, Carrie said...

absolutely LOVE this layout...all the painting is AWESOME!!!