Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Present...






I have been filling in for a friend who got the flu ..So I that's pretty much taken up this whole week...but Wed I had set a date with a kinda of new friend who is a great artist . We thought we were going to spend most of our mornng crocheting..so we thought..I got to her house and she showed me around her art studio...It was very fun and pretty...We had thought we were going to crochet somewhere.( oh I already said that ) I looked up on a shelf at her house and saw a gourd...I told her how cool I thought it was...She asked me if I wanted to go to a gourd farm...Yes, I said that sounds great! I would love too...So off we went in the Pruis to find the farm....
Wow...I never knew how beautiful gourds could be ...and how they were cleaned and all the ways you could decorate them..I had read on Elsie's blog that her dad paints them...Well, I wanted to try...I could see the little personalities coming up in all the shapes...I found gourds that were shaped like my kids and my mom and my dog ....What a cool adventure...I told my friend Dee I love today I am so glad we came...She said that's why its called the present....What I said..Yes there is yesterday ,tomorrow and the present...Everyday is a present....I loved that..Thanks Dee , I had a great time...
Now I am of to paint some gourds...Have a splendid friday....

7 comments:

Sweet Escape said...

those gourds are awesome!!!..dee is so cute!!..looks like you girlies had a ton of fun!!!

patty said...

How fun - I have a couple of friends who are amazing gourd artists, but I don't think I could do it....love your pics!! I stopped in the store this week,hoping to see you...maybe next time!

Love, Carrie said...

This is a really cool post...Dee is so sweet, and the photos look like fun...I would love too see your gourds after they are painted!!!

Christina said...

can't wait to see what you come up with =)
xo

chrissy said...

i love gourds too! that big one is especially wonderful and the little ones too. how did you ever leave any behind? i hope you are ok. i love you and miss you and think about you often.
loves!

Emily D. said...

Wow.. those are SOME gourds! wow.. love the pictures, looks like a good time was had by all! If you paint them, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Elizabeth Halt said...

when i lived in folsom, there was a gourd (farm?) right down the street. i never did go visit.

it looks like you had a lot of fun! that one is GIANT!